Young people arrive at The New School either through parental or Local Authority referral. Enrolment is flexible but comes through a process of information gathering and discussion with parents, the young person and other agencies to establish if The New School could meet the needs of the young person.
Entry to the School usually involves the following sequence of events:
- Initial contact with the school, perhaps through the website, or by personal recommendation;
- Telephone call and discussion with Head;
- Information on the child gained through reports and discussion:
- School visit by parents with or without young person and professionals who are involved in supporting them;
- One day visit (young person spends day in classes);
- Three day visit (young person stays at School for three days);
- Assessment (data collected from visits). The assessment will establish the level of support the young person needs in both Education and Care
- Place offered if the school, parents and other professionals feel the school can meet the young persons needs and whether they will fit in to the school community;
- Settling in review 6 weeks into placement.
If you’d like to refer a young person to us, please complete the following form and send it to us. Alternatively, if you have any questions or would like to speak with someone beforehand, please call us on 01350 728534 or use the contact form to get in touch.